SpaceUp is a space unconference, also known as a user-generated conference or a BarCamp. Participants will decide the topics, schedule, and structure of the event. While other unconferences have been held about technology, science, transit, and, even, cupcakes, the SpaceUp series is focused solely on space exploration. There are no spectators at SpaceUp, only participants. Attendees are expected to give a demo, present a talk or participate in a panel or roundtable.
Topic: Space !
Any topic can be presented as long as it satisfies the following conditions:
- it’s about Space
- it’s in English
- it’s within the time frame (5 – 15 – 30 min)
Well known space professionals, such as astronauts, scientists, engineers, managers will share their passion with the participants, also in english!
Webcast sessions could be done that attract thousands of additional participants. The social-media audience has been measured in hundreds of thousands of unique viewers during previous SpaceUp. These numbers grow steadily over time, as previous SpaceUp participants seek out new SpaceUps and participate remotely.
A few SpaceUp events :
- 2010: SpaceUp San Diego (California, USA)
- 2012: SpaceUp Genk (Belgium), SpaceUp Varsaw (Polonia), SpaceUp Stuttgart (Germany)
- 2013: SpaceUp Paris & creation of the SpaceUp France non-profit organization
- 2014: SpaceUp Vienna (Austria), SpaceUp Noordwijk (The Netherlands), SpaceUp Bremen (Germany), SpaceUp London (United Kingdom), SpaceUp Toulouse (France)
- 2015: SpaceUp Phoenix (Arizona, USA), SpaceUp Cologne (Germany), SpaceUp ISU (Strasbourg, France*), ISDC Toronto (Canada), SpaceUp at GLIC (Munich, Germany) and… SpaceUp X!
More information on SpaceUps worldwide is available on www.spaceup.org